Safety wire/glass for Ianebeam/Strand 2kw Blonde?

I own an old Ianebeam 2kw. It works great, and so far this year it has been used on an almost weekly basis on the shoots that I work on. I was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere to purchase safety mesh/glass to put into the light, as the moment it is just fully open, and that worries me a little! I would never use this light in a tight space, I have mainly used it to light interiors from the exterior, so it's always placed away from actors/crew. It would be nice to complete the light with some safety mesh, or even a scrim for safety.

Ianebeam2kw.JPG

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

those nets last like forever so you can very well buy the original one if you find any. but if not, I think any Chinese Blonde counterfeit accessory would do for this as long as the mesh is right type for the job.

I'm pretty sure that those Dynacore etc. cheaper lights have similar enough net that it can be used with the Ianebeam without any problems ^_^

I have the same question. Where can you find parts for an old light like this in the US?

You can still buy these lights in the UK, however, you may need to do same digging around for their US agent. Alternately, you could check importing the part from the EU, the currently the pound is weak against the dollar.

Google found this list of businesses selling new and used strand parts in the UK and elsewhere. May be mostly but not all theatrical gear.

http://www.theatrecrafts.com/archive/help/spares.html

Just had a look and it wasn't easy to find what's usefull in there.

The cheap redheads seen in NZ, and the cheap blondes seen on eBay may not be exact copies. For example I notice that the barn doors look integral with the mounting ring that fits to the lamp body.

Hijacking Bradleys thread....

(old, bent out of shape, cheap is fine)

Anyone got a couple of Blonde Ianebeam 2K barn doors, one Ianebeam 2K accessory holder ? The old Ianiro ones seem to fit.

Also a Strand redhead barndoors. The Ianebeam barndoors fit ok.

Two wire mesh for 2K blondes...Bradley has first dibs of course.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

• 1 year later...