Arri 16s Lens Prices

Hi all,

I know this might not be the right place to ask this question.

I bought many years ago an Arri 16s and it came with 6 lenses. The lenses are:

9mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

12.5mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

17.5mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

25mm - Schneider-Kreuznach T1.4

37.5mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

50mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

Alas as I bought the kit to shoot my own small 16mm stuff, but now thanks to life changing events figure it's time

to move on and sell-up.

So my question is: Are these worth anything? I figure they must be pretty obsolete as I see people selling Arri 16s for $100 online.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks for reading, and apologies again if this should be in a different section of the website.

Paco

• Premium Member

Hi all,

I know this might not be the right place to ask this question.

I bought many years ago an Arri 16s and it came with 6 lenses. The lenses are:

9mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

12.5mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

17.5mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

25mm - Schneider-Kreuznach T1.4

37.5mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

50mm - Cooke Kinetal T2

Alas as I bought the kit to shoot my own small 16mm stuff, but now thanks to life changing events figure it's time

to move on and sell-up.

So my question is: Are these worth anything? I figure they must be pretty obsolete as I see people selling Arri 16s for $100 online.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks for reading, and apologies again if this should be in a different section of the website.

Paco

Hi Paco. Provided those lenses are in good condition they would be worth a lot more than $100. I've seen some of those selling for upwards of $500 each on eBay. Can you post some pictures?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Now a year Later I have a baby on the way, so, these are going onto Ebay this Thursday Night. If you have any idea what you think I should ask for them I would appreciate it very much.
They need a clean, but I'd rather leave them to a professional to do that. They were serviced about 5 years ago and used once since then.

9mm and 12.5mm

post-34072-0-02863500-1458672653_thumb.jpg

post-34072-0-81260000-1458672661_thumb.jpg

post-34072-0-23239600-1458672703_thumb.jpg

post-34072-0-31928300-1458672734_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

Check the eBay sold listings for an idea of what people have been willing to pay, looks to be around $400-$600 per lens these days, depending on the condition and luck of the day. Auctions with low starting bids tend to gather more interest than starting at a high value.

• Premium Member

I agree with Dom. I purchased a Cooke-Kinetal 9mm for my Arriflex S/B off of ebay and it was a great purchase.

However, some of the very same lenses you have are on ebay right now. They range from $300 - $500, mostly using the "Buy It Now" selection. I think the more popular, PL-mounted lenses go for a bit higher. I would clean yours up as best as possible and take lots of pictures of each - make those pictures as attractive as possible. I would also be very detailed when writing your descriptions as many of us are wary of purchasing optics off of ebay. Of course, always be honest with your prospective buyers - if you think one lens needs to be serviced, mention it. This would of course lower the value of the lens, but you'd be surprised how many people there are out there who look for lenses to refurbish and sell/use, etc.

I would start out selling them separately with low starting bids, as Dom suggested. If you don't get any bidders, try the same strategy with the whole set, but I would avoid the "Buy it Now" option.

Good luck!