Filmworkers Lab & Transfer Services in Dallas...Highly Recommended!

Just thought I'd take a moment to put in a good word for Filmworkers in Dallas, a lab and transfer house that doesn't come up in discussion too often here. Today I received a completed processing and transfer order I sent out to Filmworkers last week. I had 800' of S16 processed and a telecine transfer to ProRes 4444 (they do also offer scanning services). I believe they used a Spirit DataCine for the transfer, and it looks awesome...I couldn't be happier with the end product.

As for turnaround, they received my order late in the afternoon on a Wednesday and sent it out the following Tuesday, which was actually faster than I expected. I'm guessing that film work isn't the largest part of their business, and typically they don't do a lab run every day, but kudos to them for continuing to offer processing and transfer services. As for pricing, they do offer very reasonable discounted rates for non-commercial / independent processing and transfer projects.

If you'd like more information or a quote specific to your project, I'd suggest contacting Kimberly Estrada (kimberlye@filmworkers.com) at Filmworkers. She's a producer and was the primary contact for my project, and she was very good about keeping me updated and confirming receipt of my film, the progress of my order, and providing tracking information when the completed order was returned to me.

As I mentioned, Filmworkers hasn't come up too often in discussion here in the message boards, perhaps because people aren't even aware that they're still operating a lab in Dallas. Judging from their online portfolio, it looks like they handle a number of big name projects (film and digital), but as I found, they're still accomodating to a 16mm enthusiast like me with a small project. That said, definitely keep them in mind for your processing and transfer projects...highly recommended!

• Upvote 1