WANTED: 4x4 filter hard case

Bradley Stearn

Hey Bradley,

I have one like that but it's about 500mm long. Fits quite a few filters, machined PE foam I think, welded aluminum case, ex rental but in good shape. I suppose it depends how many filters you need on a job. I was going to sell it for about 50 pounds, but I am in New Zealand. PM me if interested, I will check shipping cost.

There are plastic cases and other alternatives that you could use to hold your filters. Both for the small number you may need on a job, and the filters stored at home base.

I just followed Bill's link to the VProducts advert on eBay. An interesting perspective on using 85ND combos for digital. I have some 4x5.65 if interested.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

Miguel, that guy on BBlist actually listed that for me. Sadly he wont go any lower than £50, which seems a lot of money right? Considering most flight cases go for that price, and its a tiny flight case compared to the normal size!

I'm not too much up on what the pound is going for these days, but cavision has some filter cases in the $30 - $45 USD range, though I would think the $35 one is roughly half. I have one of these cases. Construction isn't great, but it's a case, it works, and you get what you pay for. (my handle did break off, but isn't hard to fix).

http://cavision.biz/filterpouches-2.aspx

Gregg do you have a link to the plastic cases? Also what filters are you selling?

Sorry, I don't have any links. When I was looking there were used Pelican but also some other brands.

I did have 4x5.65 Tiffen 85N3, 85N6, 85N9 but I didn't find them yet.

I was at Supercheap Auto today and saw interesting and very cheap plastic cases. Manufactured in China (they said) for an Australian company. Safe Case by ToolPRO. Paraphrases a Pelican at a quick look. This one was 260x245x175mm overall, might be wide enough to have two rows of 4x4 or 4x5.65. I has open cell pick out foam, which is not very useful.

http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/online-store/products/ToolPro-Safe-Case-260-x-245-x-175mm.aspx?pid=326042#Recommendations

You would have to customize your own foam, so it depends on having skills, tools or friends to do it. The cases have a slight taper. I think it's PE foam that is used most often for film gear. It should saw OK with a sharp circular saw blade. The slots for filters will just be saw cuts. Someone please correct me if it needs a special blade or router.

But hey, such cheap cases. Maybe you have these or something similar where you are.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson