The Analog Office

Bill DiPietra

• Premium Member

As I'm about to start cutting my 16mm short, I just wanted to share two pictures that will most likely seem pretty retro but, nonetheless, cool B)

Finally put the rewind table together yesterday. And below it is my Steenbeck.

post-45-0-86132100-1432653135_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-70061700-1432652973_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mmm St-1901. Could have got one for £55 the other week but I think my 1600 would have been jealous. Needs a LOT of belts, too.

There aren't many Steenbecks left in the UK that won't shred your film and I have one of them. Pity I have nothing to cut on it, just the odd review of decades-old newsreel. Still, I did get to see Anwar Sadat and John Cooper Clarke in their heyday recently.

I'm envious of the larger screen- does it still take the 100W bulb or is it uprated to a 150?

Good luck. I'm super-envious.

Edited by Mark Dunn

• Premium Member

I'm envious of the larger screen- does it still take the 100W bulb or is it uprated to a 150?

Not sure about that one, Mark. I'll see if I can check, but it is pretty bright.

• Premium Member

Wow. Haven't seen one of those in a long, long time. That's really cool. I remember there was a precision to stopping on the frame you want to cut that a space bar never quite got. But I'm sure that's all in my head.

Wow. Haven't seen one of those in a long, long time

My most recent rental customer said he hadn't cut 16mm. since 1993.

I preferred a pic-sync for fine cutting and I have both (the pic-sync cost me £1) but nothing beats the Steenbeck for running sepmag or married prints.

Tough to cut lip-sync on, though.

Edited by Mark Dunn