The great trailer for this bad boy came out yesterday and I was wondering if anyone had any info on the technical stuff for the movie. I love the look of the movie, looks like it's shot on the Alexa, but can't find any info anywhere. I know it's shot by Maryse Alberti who did The Wrestler.

For those who don't know, the movie is directed by Fruitvale Station's Ryan Coogler, it's a personal project of his that he also wrote, following Adonis Johnson, an up and coming boxer, who turns out to be Apollo Creed's son, Rocky's best bud who died on the ring. Rocky becomes his trainer. The great Michael B.Jordan (Fruitvale Station, The Wire, Fantastic Four, Friday Night Lights) is playing Adonis.

Here is a link:

Apple: http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/creed/trailer1/CREED_TRAILER_1_ONLINE-1080.mov

YT:

• Premium Member

Man that trailer makes me miss home-- though I have to say, on a personal level, I am not all that thrilled with the overall look. It's-- Too bright, too low contrast, and too smooth.

As for shooting, I'd bet it's a crop to 2.40 not anamorphic.

Time to go to find a Yuengling.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Watched the trailer today and it seemed pretty underwhelming - visually & thematically. It has the same clean, digital look that virtually everything else does these days.

The original Rocky is the only one worth dusting off and throwing into the DVD player.

• Premium Member

Balboa was always my fav-- well along with the Original. Fun Fact, family lore goes my dad worked on the original Rocky on the days @ the Spectrum. Never did much check if it was true or not; but I like to believe it is.