2 perf

victor huey

hi, Filmmakers make film. Digital peeps make Video! I am too old school to change, when the digital age came, I was in the process of converting my Kinor 35 to two perf at Aranda, when the digital tsunami hit. Projects shot on film began to fade away, to the sorry state it is now. Only those with studio support could afford to shoot film. Although 2 perf was a cheaper way to shoot film for indie projects, the lack of cameras and support doomed it before the 2 perf movement could begin.

I have slowly aquired a number of 2 perf Camera's, and would like to start a 2 perf workshop in New York City. So few of todays generation have never touched a film camera, so training sessions would be necessary. Since most of the gear is russian, I will approach this group first, to see if there is any interest in a workshop.

Victor Huey

Good luck with workshop idea.

It's good to know other people with 2-perf equipment.

I'm based in the UK and have two 2-perf cameras; a 35BL4 and a Cameflex both converted by Bruce.

On a positive note, it is much easier and cheaper dealing with 2-perf in post now than it's ever been.

• Premium Member

I've been in the works of trying to shoot a project on film for the first time. 2-perf definitely caught my eye, but the seem so hard to find to rent.

Should be a few places in LA or NYC that can change out the movement of some cameras and get you 2-perf. Probably a great option for student productions. 3-perf is much easier to find though...and that saves you 25% in film...

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Arri NY has two 2-perf Arricams and Abel Cine rents the Aaton Penelope, which they will configure in either 2 or 3 perf. Panavision rents their G-II in 2-perf.

Didn't ARRI NY move from NYC to Jersey?...

ARRI Rental | New York

Camera

25 Enterprise Ave North

Secaucus, NJ 07094

Phone: +1 212 757 0906

www.arrirental.com

ARRI Rental | New York

Lighting | Grip

40 Hartz Way

Secaucus, NJ 07096

Phone: +1 212 757 0906

www.arrirental.com

Why they still call it "ARRI New York" when it's located in Jersey is beyond me.