Looking for a man is working on C4 explosion

moho

Hello everyone here ,

these days , I prepair with my friend a short film which has a scene for a guy is eorking on explosion . He is coonecting the wires .. put the wire on C4 and so on . Have anyone can remind me the movie names or video which has done the same idea . These film will give me some kind of inspiration .

thank you .

best regards

• Premium Member

you could watch couple of Mythbusters clips, they blow up lots of stuff with C4 so you can see what a real blasting cap etc looks like so you can imitate them more easily.

https://youtu.be/AwyniA5ryhY?t=14 and so on.

I think almost all action films have a C4 scene or two. the coiled wires and a timer with a display and a flashing light are cliches though so you may want to think if you want to use them in your film or not :)

close up of a blasting cap (detonator): https://youtu.be/01pjt_K-94M?t=2166

I think if you have an item which is closely looking like a blasting cap and just some white clay like substance it will sell the scene easily

Edited by aapo lettinen

Mission Impossible? Sweaty actors putting wires into square blocks of clay. Might be better to be more modern and have some kind of digital looking device that has prongs sticking out of it. First your actor takes a sim card out of his or her phone and then slips the sim card into the device sim card slot which could be made of an old cell phone ( extreme close up) then your actor pushes the prongs into the clay (C4) and then flips a switch in thedevice and a green light comes on. This device is set to a cell phone frequency that is detonated by dialing a number. I hope I didn't just make up something homeland securiy will not like. For a small fee I can provide sketches ;)

Edited by EddieWelch

• Premium Member

As long as you're not using windows10 you'll be fine I think :D

Anyway, if the scene is about some kind of terrorism I think it is quite unlikely for them to get military grade explosives, more likely scenario is ammonium nitrate, stolen dynamite, acetone peroxide or even mekp. But maybe you don have to be very realistic on this one and it might be even bad to make the scene too realistic