Lithium Ion batteries

Hi!

Im working on a feature in sweden and we are going to Ibiza to shoot some scenes. I have some questions regarding Blueshape V-lock batteries, I know that the limit is 160wh.

However, the Airline asked me if the batteries contained gel or were dry. Iv'e been looking through blueshapes MSDS and couldn't find anything stating if it were any of that. The rental company doesn't know either.

I'm looking into renting all batteries locally for convenience but this was the first time I got that question so I'm thinking it would be good to know in the future.

Bonus question: Have long does a blueshape 150 wh battery last with a alexa mini, a tvlogic vfm56 and a teradek bolt?

All the best!

Simon Bengtsson, 1st AC

• Premium Member

I assume what they're trying to acertain is if they're lead acid gel cells, which they aren't.

50 watts for the camera, depending on frame rate. 12 for the display. 8 for the TX. 160 watt-hour batteries. 160 divided by 70. Two and a bit hours, on paper. Rely on one and a half, assuming the batteries are in good condition.

P

I assume what they're trying to acertain is if they're lead acid gel cells, which they aren't.

50 watts for the camera, depending on frame rate. 12 for the display. 8 for the TX. 160 watt-hour batteries. 160 divided by 70. Two and a bit hours, on paper. Rely on one and a half, assuming the batteries are in good condition.

P

Thanks for your answer! :)

Recently I was stopped at security in transit in Dubai .. with idx batteries in my carry on.. as allowed .. and had already flown a long way on a flight to get there.. I asked what the problem was,and then asked what country I was going to.. I answered Denmark .. and was allowed to proceed .. without any further questions.. waved on with a smile.. that was a new one for me.. !!