• Premium Member

Narcos - TV Series

Trailer

IMDB LINK

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2707408/

"A chronicled look at the criminal exploits of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar."

Directors

Jose Padilla

Guillermo Navarro

Andrés Baiz

Fernando Coimbra

Cinematographers

Lula Carvalho

Mauricio Vidal

I am not very interested in TV Series because I barely have time to watch a whole season and try to catch up with the missing episodes when I am not at home.

Said that a tv series from Netflix caught my attention the moment I heard its name, Narcos.

Based in Pablo Escobar's life, Narcos is a fantastic tv show where we see the world from Escobar's point of view.

Although there are two "main" characters, Pablo Escobar (the narco) and Steve Murphy (the DEA agent), the whole show spins around Pablo Escobar and why he did what he did, how he went from being a little smuggler to the king of cocaine.

The show uses a lot of voice over and it helps enter its world, which is recreated very very well and feels real.

Lula Carvalho (the main cinematographer) and Jose Padilla (the creator of the tv show) designed a look which is just splendid, gritty and poetic.

It is quite interesting that they decided to bring new directors each 2 episodes (the tv show has 10 episodes), maybe to revitalise the different points of view or to emphasise some other ones which needed to be shown a bit more.

The episodes I liked the most were the ones directed by Andrés Baiz, who also directed the last two.

I think he got the idea very well and you can see how Escobar's world flips down in those episodes that he directed.

If you have time to watch "Narcos" at some stage I would recommend blocking a weekend to watch the 10 episodes straight away, it is very engaging and what worries me the most is that at the end of the day you want to be like Pablo Escobar because you understand why he did what he did! So kudos to the showrunners and the directors! :)

Have a good day!