How does an AC resume look like?

Hi everybody, I'm wondering if anybody has some advise on how an AC resume should look like. Should I put my education and formative experiences? Should I only put the filmography and only the more importants jobs or should I put students films too? Any other advise is more than welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Im not much for a crowded resume so I only lost my biggest and most recent gigs, for now I think have 5; 1 tv-series, 1 feature film and 3 commercials. At each one I list the DOP, camera system and lenses.

Then I also listed the cameras that I know, my drivers license and a link to an excel with my Ac kit. No education since I don't have any other than carpeting.

I'm thinking to do a complete listing with all my gigs just to have in case someone really need to see everything I've done, but I will probably keep it on my computer and send it to them if they ask for it.

That's pretty much it, hope it helps :)

• Premium Member

I would keep it to one page. I would list the credit, the DP and the production company. Don't forget to identify your position and list your contact info and any professional affiliations, if any. I'm not so sure about the drivers license idea - ID theft? Keep it simple.

G

I would keep it to one page. I would list the credit, the DP and the production company. Don't forget to identify your position and list your contact info and any professional affiliations, if any. I'm not so sure about the drivers license idea - ID theft? Keep it simple.

G

Id theft? I just list what kind of license I have, not a picture of it if that's what you mean. At least here in Sweden they be happy to have an Ac who can drive a camera car or small truck.

• Premium Member

I would think twice about offering to drive the camera truck or even advertising that you can. I know sometimes on smaller jobs you get stuck with loading all the cases into your personal vehicle and taking them home, but there are all kinds of liability issues if you get into an accident or have gear stolen while in your possession. That should be a last resort solution in my opinion.

I'd put that responsibility on the production company if at all possible by letting them hire a camera PA to drive their rental truck. Obviously on a union job, you've got a transportation department and teamsters for that kind of thing.

• Premium Member

Id theft? I just list what kind of license I have, not a picture of it if that's what you mean. At least here in Sweden they be happy to have an Ac who can drive a camera car or small truck.

Oh I get it. We don't drive the trucks here so I didn't understand what you meant. Cheers!

G

• Upvote 1

Here 1st or 2nd AC drives camera truck, gaffer/best boy drives light truck, key grip drives grip truck.. In Finland I mean :) So I'd suggest you to tell about your driver's license, just recently a friend lost a job as light technician on a feature because he only had a normal license, not one you can drive a lighting truck with.

• Premium Member

you lucky dogs! Here in sweden it is like mikko said, I often end up drive the camera truck.

Yeah, no kidding. Driving the truck would be the last responsibility I would need. I'd rather spend that time resting so I could put more energy into the camera work.

G