How many cameras do you think were used to film the following? Where were they placed in your opinion?

Harry Weaks

This is a clip from a television show that aired sometime ago, and it's visuals are confusing me when trying to figure out how many cameras were used to film what's shown. Personally --if I had to guess-- I'd say 4 cameras were used in the main judging area, and 2 were used in the waiting area backstage/dressing area.

Here's the clip:

There's a camera positioned behind the judges that is fashioned in a surveillance like position to the right of them, a guy filming with a camera attached to a sled and vest system or handheld in the room on the right of the runway, another on the left, and a camera to the right of the guy reading lines fashioned in a surveillance like way filming things. Backstage there are 2 cameras filming from 2 different angels in surveillance like fashions

These are various shots I believe to be included in the clip, and some of them were taken from the same angles/cameraman/take as an insert, cutaway, or whatever else shot that's shown.

- zoom out panelists/hunk contest plate

- close ups of each judge

- pan left judges

- 3 shot judges

- wide shot of judges right.

- surveillance camera angle 1 backstage

- surveillance camera angle 2 backstage

- wide shot from behind judges area

- Wide shot black guy from right

- tilt up black guy from left

- wide shot from left judges but from right of the guy reading lines

- mid shot guy reading lines

- another wide shot from left of judges but in front from the left of the guy reading lines instead of the right

How would you have filmed the referenced footage? Where would you have positioned cameras? How many would you have used? Why would you have used that amount? Put them where you would? Know anyone who has filmed something similar? How did they film it? Where did they position their cameras? How many did they use? Why? Another shot was taken of guys in red tank tops sitting to the right of the judges in the corner, and that could have been taken with one of the camera operators in the room if I'm correct.

Edited by Harry Weaks