Need suggestions for the lighting plot

niulinfeng

Hi, I will be DP a commercial indoor scene for a medicine. This will be my first time DP a commercial and I haven't DPed any works in the past 2 years, and I am not even sure if my lighting plot makes any sense, so I am nervous as hell. I really want to get some help/suggestions/corrections from you guys. Just feel free to criticize and correct my lighting plot, because I know I am a shitty commercial DP. I 'd appreciate if u can use graphics as assist or make a totally new lighting plan to correct my original plan.

As for the requirement of the lighting part of this commercial:

The director wants a bright healthy indoor daylight look:

There are 5 scenes needed to be lit;

I assume the camera is Alexa and the EI setting is 800, depth of filed remain unknown;

I attached the set design and the storyboard from art director and my lighting plot and all the info I can get for the commercial to this post.\

I really appreciate you guys' help

Thx

1219_1%20copy.jpg

1219_2.jpg

1219_3.jpg

A%20Typical%20Chinese%20AD.jpg

the lighting plot made by me

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier, I would have said to add kickers, backlights and background lighting. If this is a commericial, everyone needs to look really good and happy.

adding slight kicks on the women's faces and a nice not over bearing backlight makes things look happier. Lighting your background adds dept and separation from the subjects.

Product shots are traditionally done with a soft overhead light and double backlight rims, then an inkie with a snoot on it to add a subtle highlight to the product label.

Hope all went well.

• Upvote 1

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier, I would have said to add kickers, backlights and background lighting. If this is a commericial, everyone needs to look really good and happy.

adding slight kicks on the women's faces and a nice not over bearing backlight makes things look happier. Lighting your background adds dept and separation from the subjects.

Product shots are traditionally done with a soft overhead light and double backlight rims, then an inkie with a snoot on it to add a subtle highlight to the product label.

Hope all went well.

thanks for your post, sir, especially your suggestion for lighting products. I will use the that in the future .