Portable Lighting Question?

anson

I and a very small crew of 3 others ar shooting a documentary in austria. I am looking for a very portabe and very good lighting kit is there such a thing... Can anyone make suggestions.

• Premium Member
I and a very small crew of 3 others ar shooting a documentary in austria.  I am looking for a very portabe and very good lighting kit is there such a thing... Can anyone make suggestions.

You can rent a kit once you get in-country for about $75-100 a day. Then you won't have to ship it nor search for adapters. The more stuff you travel around with, the bigger the hassle crossing borders (with carnets (sp?)) although that may have been mitigated by the EU.

another one, very helpful is a set of joker pars HMI. two 575W heads do a hell of a job. And anothye option, very much used by Intl press cameraman is the LTM Peppers kit with 2 420w fresnels, one 320W and a small 320 Soft light, it is very light and useful, I have one myself and love it.

another one, very helpful is a set of joker pars HMI. two 575W heads do a hell of a job. And anothye option, very much used by Intl press cameraman is the LTM Peppers kit with 2 420w fresnels, one 320W and a small 320 Soft light, it is very light and useful, I have one myself and love it.

Where can I purchase that kit we leave to austria late this month...

HI, Joke Pars are not cheap, if you live in LA you can buy them with no problem I guess. I buy my stuff in Florida since in Central America it is very hard to find a srore or dealer of this kind of equipment. Try searching for www.barbizon.com in the web and you can choose the store that is nearest to you. A LTM kit like such described above may be around $2.500 to $2.800 US Dls. and the joker pars several thousands each one. If you want to check on prices right away maybe you can try www.bhphotovideo.com Good luck.

Guest rickeisenstein

I used a small kino flow light that was powered by a small battey belt. It is good for handholding or for a nice eye light .

HI, Joke Pars are not cheap, if you live in LA you can buy them with no problem I guess. I buy my stuff in Florida since in Central America it is very hard to find a srore or dealer of this kind of equipment. Try searching for www.barbizon.com in the web and you can choose the store that is nearest to you. A LTM kit like such described above may be around $2.500 to $2.800 US Dls. and the joker pars several thousands each one. If you want to check on prices right away maybe you can try www.bhphotovideo.com Good luck.