OLPF options for Red

• Premium Member

There has been a standard OLPF for the Mysterium-X sensor in the Epic since the beginning.

It was only with the Dragon sensor that they have been experimenting with different OLPFs. I don't think it was their original intention to offer multiple OLPFs but after some color issues with the first one, they created a second improved one (Skin Tone OLPF) that lost a stop of sensitivity, so then they created a third one closer to the first that was faster (Low-Light OLPF) and then finally they created one in-between Skin-Tone and Low-Light that is probably the best compromise (Standard OLPF.)

There are some third-party versions that offer built-in diffusion and low-contrast filters that sound interesting.

http://kippertie.com/?post_type=product

Actually, I like the idea of personalized OLPFs... but my main concern is in the rental market, making sure you leave the rental house with the one you wanted, especially if an extra camera body shows up later as a special day item or comes from a private owner. It could create real color-correction problems later if multiple cameras had mismatched OLPFs.