IMAX DI Scans

• Premium Member

I've been working lately and didn't get around to seeing the movie until its third week of release, by which time I figured the 70mm print was not showing, plus I didn't have the time to go to Hollywood to see it. Personally, I enjoyed the movie more than I did "The Age of Ultron" Avengers sequel. Yes, it was bloated and heavy but I liked a lot of the story elements that involved Superman.

I also liked "Deadpool", which was the opposite of bloated and heavy... the opening credits alone had me laughing out loud.

• Upvote 2

• Premium Member

What kills me is that Batman v Superman was heavily cut down from it's original length for theaters. They COULD have done some sort of cool 70mm special road show edition like Quentin did. It probably would have made for a better movie as well, the staccato pacing/editing was a result of cuts made, rather then script/story, which is unfortunate to see.

• 9 months later...

There is no way this is the real Larry Fong posting. Would he say the film he shot is horrible on an internet forum? Especially weird considering he often defended the film on Twitter with vehemence, even praising the ultimate cut. I know Larry posted a few times before to talk about his process, but that was a long time ago. This post out of the blue, reviving a thread that's 9 months old, is just shady.

With all that said, the Ultimate Cut is a legit excellent film, the TC is a 5/10 in comparison.

Edited by Manu Delpech
  • Upvote 1

If it's humor, it doesn't come through very well on an internet forum :D

Actually, now that you say it, I just notice the "as Tyler made it abundantly clear", and I see what you mean. In that case, it's hilarious.

Edited by Manu Delpech
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the confusion Manu; it is indeed me. My friend Mr. Mullen is correct in saying my 'humor' is often misunderstood--but those who know me get it.

It's true I hadn't been to the forum in a long time, and when I did I was confronted by a rather insulting post regarding a project I poured my heart and soul into, which reminded why I don't sign in more often.

All cinematographers work extremely hard to do their best and it's unfortunate when our community is disparaging rather than a source of encouragement and support.

• Upvote 1

I sure love your rebuttal of trolls with their filters on Twitter. But seriously, don't pay attention to him, he's all talk. BvS looks superb, and seriously guys, see the ultimate cut, this is the only version to see. Very excited about Kong: Skull Island as well & The Predator.

p.s: Super 8 rocks.