FS: Optar Illumina Super16 Cinema Lenses T1.3 / F1.2 (As NEW)

Tristan Newton

I'm selling my set of Super16 Optar Illumina cinema lenses along with brand new adapters for EF and MFT. As I've decided to switch to Super35 format I no longer need these lenses - they've never been used other than for tests so the glass is 100% clean - plus they've come directly from the KMZ factory - brand new with standard 0.8 pitch gears on the focus/iris rings.

I purchased them as a modern alternative to Zeiss Super Speeds (which they were modeled on) since I was after a fast lens that could work well in available light. The quality of the glass is great, but some of the lenses are a little stiff from sitting around boxed in the factory.

As they are in Arri-B mount, I'll include 4 x EF / 3 x MFT Micro 4/3 adapters. Lenses would look great on the Ursa Micro 4.6K in 2K window mode, BM pocket camera, Sony F5/F55/FS7 in 2K crop mode, RED Raven/Dragon in 2K/3K crop etc.

8mm T1.3 - Arri-B
9.5mm T1.3 Arri-B
12mm T1.3 Arri-B
16mm T1.3 Arri-B
25mm T1.3 Arri-B
50mm T1.3 Arri-B

https://flic.kr/s/aHskxDQeMd

USD5500 for the set including adapters (Paypal or wire transfer. Buyer pays shipping and fees)

If you'd like test footage please do not hesitate to ask and I will upload some images / video tests in your preferred lighting.

Happy to answer any questions as I spent quite a lot of time researching and putting this set together.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Tristan Newton

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Giorgio,

Lucky I've still got the 8mm. I'm based in Australia but more than happy to ship (will pack very well) - the 16, 25 and 50mm have gone to a guy in the US.

Drop me an email to tristan@tcnewton.com and we can discuss if you're interested (test photos etc.)

Cheers

Tristan