Ive got a few Konvas magazines that need servicing. I can't get them to load right to save my life. Anyone know where to get them serviced? I emailed Olex a month back from the email off his site but never heard back. Don't know if he's gone or what. Thanks

what the mags specifically do to not load right?

have you tried different emails with Olex, I used gmail the last time and had no problem. he is also a forum member so you can try to PM him also

The springs that are supposed to lock the film never engage on my 200ft magazines. And on my 400ft the gears seem frozen. I emailed him through his gmail and the other one. I'll try to PM him on here thanks

• Premium Member

you mean the film lock button near the pressure plate and not the gear lock lever which is next to the drive gear?

the gear lock is very easy to fix by yourself if there is something wrong with it but the film locking tab may need quite a bit of magazine dismantle. most likely it just needs cleaning and fresh oil.

if you mean the film side springs on the guide side of the pressure plate that needs even more disassembly.

Frozen 400ft gears means that they don't move at all or are just very sticky? you can open the gear cover plate and see if there is a obvious problem, you can't screw up any tolerances if you just remove the cover. just note the how the gear locking lever's spring is installed so that if you remove it for some reason (testing the gears etc) it is easy to put back

you mean the film lock button near the pressure plate and not the gear lock lever which is next to the drive gear?

the gear lock is very easy to fix by yourself if there is something wrong with it but the film locking tab may need quite a bit of magazine dismantle. most likely it just needs cleaning and fresh oil.

if you mean the film side springs on the guide side of the pressure plate that needs even more disassembly.

Frozen 400ft gears means that they don't move at all or are just very sticky? you can open the gear cover plate and see if there is a obvious problem, you can't screw up any tolerances if you just remove the cover. just note the how the gear locking lever's spring is installed so that if you remove it for some reason (testing the gears etc) it is easy to put back

it's hard to explain, I'm not very good at these things. Here's a photo of what the magazine 200ft does to the film. The 400ft just tears it apart.

• Premium Member

there may be something else going on. you did have correct loop size (thumb for the feed side, forefinger for take-up) and correct mag loading position to the camera ( transport claw up and the mirror corner at the upper right corner of the gate) ?

some problem with the take-up side sprockets might be it, maybe the push lock in the middle.

if the camera itself is working correctly and the mag is properly seated. is the film snapped or still in one piece and did the mag fully jam when it did that?

if the mag was like that from the start and did not suddenly start to do that then it is probably wrongly serviced and assembled which is almost always the case with ebay cameras...

• Premium Member

one which could do that would be too little take-up tension combined with improperly engaged thumb lock in the take-up side sprocket, which leads to film buildup to the take-up side --->transport claw rips the perforations and stops transporting film --->film buildup also to the feed side before the take-up sprocket eats too many film loops and the magazine jams.

that's one probable theory before knowing more