nikon to canon adapter OR nikon body?

Rui Resende

So here's the thing: I want to shoot a project in dslr video. I have already a still photo old Nikon camera (cropped sensor), which i complemented with a range of lenses (18-55/10-20/ 50 prime/ 90-200). I made my choices in pre-DSLR video days. Now researching about it, I see that most people tend to like Canon for video better.

My question, to whoever has tried Canon and Nikon for video and also adapting Nikon to Canon lenses is this: should i get a Nikon body, since all my lenses are F-mount, or would i take full potencial of my Nikon lenses on a Canon DSLR body?

Thanks in advance for any advice on the subject!

• 1 year later...

Don't fret about it, for the last few years Nikon has overtaken Canon DSLRs when it comes to video quality!

Although I'd tend to suggest you go Panasonic instead.... and having Nikon lenses are great, as they are the easiest/cheapest to adapt to other systems! ;-)

Look into getting a Panasonic G80 is what I'd suggest, or if you have more money to blow of course a Panasonic GH5, or if you're the opposite and on a very tight budget then a Panasonic G7.

The relevant Nikon cameras to consider is D500/D7500/D750, or if on a very tight budget... the D5200/D5300/D5500