Arri M90 fixture lense crack help?

• 1 month later...

I have had the lense on the Arri m90 crack after running a few times. I herd others complain about this. Has any one experienced this with the Arri m90 fixture ? This for 6k/9k hmi

Hi Michael, every time you turn off the light 1./ you have to dimm the light to the lowest, 2/. put the bulbs backward, leave lit light for 2, 3 minutes. then, cut off power.

this will help. besides, as you did the above, it will be more safe when you start up the light next time as there will limit the surge of the power. hope that will help in the future.

I have had the lense on the Arri m90 crack after running a few times. I herd others complain about this. Has any one experienced this with the Arri m90 fixture ? This for 6k/9k hmi

I never had this happen to me. What I always do is immediately close the barn doors when the lamp get turned off. Keeps the lens from cooling down to fast.

I never had this happen to me. What I always do is immediately close the barn doors when the lamp get turned off. Keeps the lens from cooling down to fast.

Yes, close the barn door will keep the temperature last longer and not a quick drop cause the crack.