Music video advice - rehearsal space

Hey all,

Shooting my first music video for a friends band in a couple of weeks and needing some advice on lighting.

The music video will feature a four piece band in their rehearsal space. I want to make it look pretty natural and kind of low key to capture a garage band type vibe, maybe something a bit like this Weezer video (

).

How would you light this type of thing? I was thinking a 1k bounced onto the band from one side and bring up the ambient light of the room with some light bounced into the floor. Do you think this would be enough or would I need a bigger source for the key light? I'm not sure the exact dimensions of the room yet but it will be a similar size to the room in the weezer video.

What do you all think? I'm really new to lighting so any suggestions or advice would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mark Kelly

The only light source in this video is a single window on camera left, and possibly a tiny bit of fill coming through the door directly behind camera. Are there any windows in their rehearsal space?

The other thing that's going on here is they lip-synced to a sped-up recording of the song, and overcranked the camera. When the footage is played back at delivery framerate, it's still in sync with music, but appears to be happening in mild slow-motion, this adds to the dreamy look, along with wide aperture.