Processing on Morse tank

Hello! Two days ago I got a G3 Morse tank. Although I have used it several occassion in the studio I work at along the Lomo tank. I still can't figure out how to compansate processing time (Lomo) vs. turns (Morse). At the studio my partners help me by thelling me time instead of turns but I have read and researched on the web it is better to count turns on the Morse.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

My practice has been to run the 100' load from one reel completely to the the other reel in one minute. I forget the number of turns it is, as many of my 100" loads are broken down from larger rolls so some are 95 feet others 120 feet. But one full pass in one minute. I've used d19 and Dektol. 5 minutes with the d19 at 21 degrees. 6 minutes with the dektol.

here is some Bolex footage processed last summer in a Morse.

I used HC 110. Wanted to avoid the airborne chemicals when mixing. 6 minutes of developing time. The stock was some ancient 7361 print stock.

I'm abandoning traditional photo-chemicals and working exclusively with Caffenol-CM. Still working on a method for processing as the Morse tank is too tedious. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, the work with the Morse is tedious.

Thanks a lot for your insight, it helps a lot.

What I don't like about the Caffenol is the lack of contrast, or at least the recipe I use is not very good at contrast.