Huge banner unrolling on skyscraper?

Hi,

I'm looking to shoot a scene where a huge banner/flag (40ft x 100ft) is unrolled from the top of a building. Of course doing this with real props isn't on the table, so I'm looking to create the effect in post.

I think I'll have to shoot some sort of smaller banner on a green screen or creating it in cinema 4d.

So far I'm thinking of shooting it wide in 4k, locked off tripod. Then after the banner is comp'ed in, I'll add handheld shake digitally.

Any ideas?

So a 1/24th scale miniature banner would be 4.17 feet tall by 1.67 feet wide (You'd want to be sure to use a very thin and flexible fabric to get the right kind of motion at scale) and you would want to shoot it unfurling at 117 frames per second for the motion to be correct once composited in.

If you can deal with a bigger scale things get a bit easier, like 1:10 scale would be 10ft tall by 4 foot wide and you would only have to shoot 75 fps.

Of course you could go digital which is entirely reasonable as well, I dont know about C4D but I have had really good results from 3DS MAX's cloth system and iRay rendering for photo realistic results without much need for technical input.