Canon T5i

Paul Brenno

Just a question, as to how long I can shoot interviews with Canon T5i, if interviews are over 5 min's long ???

I have been shooting interviews that run between 3-5 min's, with no problems, but have a corporate gig coming up Tues/Wed, just want to be sure the camera doesn't over heat or have any issues.....

Edited by Paul Brenno

I remember shooting an interview with the t2i (anything it can do the t5i can do better) and after about 29 minutes things got iffy, either it'd overheat or split into multiple files (losing a frame or two in between). So over 5 minutes? Without a doubt can handle it no problem. 90 minutes? I'd look to a different camera.

Make sure your memory card is in check, one with statistics similar to this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1185200-REG/sandisk_sdsdunc_064g_gn6in_ultra_sd_64gb_card_80mb_s.html

64 gigs will get you over 2 hours of 1080p h264 at 30 frames.

I could be totally crazy but I seem to remember a lot of the lower end canons have a 29 minute limit on records due to some patent nonsense with 24p and different licensing if they hit 30 minutes? That could be COMPLETELY bogus but that's what I remember when researching my first canon DSLR/Film camera (60D)

The T5i does a great job for the price, as the budget is very low. I do have a Lumix G7 too, but only have 1 camera battery, whereas with the T5i I have 3. The memory card is 64G, 10 rating.

I asked since I was shooting a documentary short last month, plus two commercials with T2i, kept getting " errir auto stop ", so I knew I had to get newer gear.

I am shooting a web-series with T5i and shooting 3-5 min interviews with no issues.....