ecair16.com is alive!

Erkan Umut

• Premium Member

Light n ing.

It means both, the pastry éclair is a straightened version of the naturally occuring. Imagine confectioners imitating a jagged one! An unsteady hand helps, quite the contrary of what camerapeople must afford.

Light n ing.

It means both, the pastry éclair is a straightened version of the naturally occuring. Imagine confectioners imitating a jagged one! An unsteady hand helps, quite the contrary of what camerapeople must afford.

An engineer's approach of course. :D

Ohh yes. I love my Eclair ACL! I just received over the Internet some twelve minutes of footage from DeJonghe I shot on Tuesday. It came out perfect, despite the fact that this was the first time that...

1) ...I used my PL-mount adapter and some Optar Illuminas

2) ...I took care of the cinematography as well, in addition to directing and producing in a project this size

3) ...maybe not despite, but rather because I had a great team of a 1st AC and a gaffer to take care of pulling focus, gripping and lighting.

But now -- if not before -- I have been proved that Eclair ACL is a 16mm camera that ought to be taken seriously. No need to rent that Arri 416.

So let's keep the information on Eclair cameras alive and available! :) Thanks Erkan again!

Ohh yes. I love my Eclair ACL! I just received over the Internet some twelve minutes of footage from DeJonghe I shot on Tuesday. It came out perfect, despite the fact that this was the first time that...

1) ...I used my PL-mount adapter and some Optar Illuminas

That sounds amazing! Glad to hear.

I had the opportunity to work with OPTARs in the past, they had very good contrast.

Optar Illuminas are made by JSC "OPTIKA" in St. Petersburg (in the USSR: NPO "EKRAN", Leningrad) exclusively for the U.S.

You are close, did you visit the factory?

That sounds amazing! Glad to hear.

I had the opportunity to work with OPTARs in the past, they had very good contrast.

Optar Illuminas are made by JSC "OPTIKA" in St. Petersburg (in the USSR: NPO "EKRAN", Leningrad) exclusively for the U.S.

You are close, did you visit the factory?

Nope, unfortunately I haven't visited the factory -- if I remember correctly, I haven't even visited St. Petersburg..

But yes, Optars are nice. These lenses are rented out by one of the oldest rental houses in Finland.

• 3 weeks later...