Kinos and Partions - What material to you recommend?

I had a shoot coming up. essentially shooting a tutorial film of a makeup artist and model. The idea is to create a set that has texture and elements that break up the space (from foreground to background) camera A with be on a slider and cam b will be on a jib.

We are thinking of trying to emulate something similar the picture attached of an installation.

I understand that maybe the best way to achieve this is to pull the bulbs from some kinos, which I am currently creating individual tube holders for, unless there is a better suggestion. I am concerned about hiding grip gear and the wire harnesses, but that can be resolved.

What kind of fabric/material would anyone suggest for the partions, which the lights and sit behind. The material should let the bulbs retain their shape and not diffuse the source into a blob...

Really any suggestions to best achieve a similar look. Note** the shoot will be in a studio with a white cya so the material serves to break up the white background which will probably be hit with a diffused joker.

post-70814-0-38397800-1471141061_thumb.jpeg

Gridclloth comes to mind and it's manufactured in different weights. Might want to contact a pipe and drape company unless you are up to building all the frames/partitions from scratch. In the NYC area, you could try Drape Kings or maybe even Rose Brand.

Grid cloth is great, for sure. You might experiment with some non-standard options and save some money in the process. I've had great luck with huge plastic rolls for diffusing light in greenhouses. You might also consider translum. Sometimes having something with a bit of rigidity and durability helps to build your set pieces.

Good suggestion JK and one I was going to come back and make. Opaque white poly, typically used as a winter cover for greenhouses could be a cheaper alternative for gridcloth. It's available in rolls, in widths over 20'.