FAST 8

The "expendable cameras" thing intrigues me. I've always known that was the purpose of a GoPro, but for instance on Furious 7, how many of those smaller cameras actually kicked the bucket for a given action shot?

The "expendable cameras" thing intrigues me. I've always known that was the purpose of a GoPro, but for instance on Furious 7, how many of those smaller cameras actually kicked the bucket for a given action shot?

That's probably a question for the accounting department.

If you're shooting a film with a multi-million dollar budget, who cares? How many partially used rolls of gaff tape were taken home by the crew? Once again, who cares?

In the grand scheme of the things, the costs don't amount to "a piss hole in snow".

That's probably a question for the accounting department.

If you're shooting a film with a multi-million dollar budget, who cares? How many partially used rolls of gaff tape were taken home by the crew? Once again, who cares?

In the grand scheme of the things, the costs don't amount to "a piss hole in snow".

I'm not so much worried about the cost as I am the visual of 50 broken GoPros piled up in a trash can.

• Premium Member

I think we may have had someone on this very forum admit that they'd specified 65mm on some huge movie, because, well, they could afford it and why not.

Which point of view, I should make clear, I approve of without reservation.

P

• Premium Member

I'm not so much worried about the cost as I am the visual of 50 broken GoPros piled up in a trash can.

As long as we get the shot, the rest doesn't matter. We spent about $2000 per micro cinema cameras and had a few of them. I think we finished the movie with only one still in tact. But in reality, $10,000 doesn't mean much when the camera equipment budget is roughly $5 Million.

G

• Premium Member

I recall the very extensive article in AC on Furious 7 saying that it was shot on both digital and film. There's also b-roll in YouTube somewhere that shows Arri LTs being used during a warehouse shootout (?).

You know what Shawn? You are absolutely right! I had forgotten that we had shot just one scene for a day with film. I can't remember why.

G