Writer/producer/visual Designer Seeking Director Of Photography With Her/his Own Equipment Who Can Edit And Produce

Rodney Holland

WRITER/PRODUCER/VISUAL DESIGNER SEEKING DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY WITH HER/HIS OWN EQUIPMENT WHO CAN EDIT AND PRODUCE —
TO PARTNER ON PRODUCTIONS

Hello everyone! Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to read my post. If it interests you I look forward to hearing from you... if it doesn't then I simply wish you amazing success on all your projects. I cheer for everyone to get their TV and film projects made!

Okay...I'm a writer and producer, and a visual designer. I have multiple completed feature scripts and many more ideas/treatments. I have an open invitation for a pitch meeting with an Emmy winning TV producer who has produced hit after hit. I have received extremely positive feedback and praise on my feature scripts from other producers, known/recognizable TV actors, as well as Emmy nominated writers. Here is an excerpt from my recent thriller script feedback from one Emmy nominated writer who is also a director and a Sundance Grand Jury Prize nominee:

" It’s a really well done story and has a lot of box office potential ... It is often thrilling, suspenseful, and downright creepy — all ingredients you need in this genre. You have built a world that feels authentic and isolated, which helps enormously. I think audiences who love to be scared will eat this up. "

I quoted them only to assure you that I can write well, as I know you don't want to waste your time anymore than I do. In addition to good feedback I was recently recommended to a lit agent by a couple of producers to be the screenwriter for the adaptation of an autobiographical book about a highly publicized national story.

There are many projects I want to develop and shoot, but I need the right partner with whom I can grow with, someone with talent, a similar mindset, and equipment who can shoot and edit, and produce as well. I'm seeking someone who is extremely serious and 0% flaky. I have low budget, low-mid budget, and no-budget feature film projects we can discuss, reality TV projects, even YouTube possibilities. A few are pretty ready to go, some need more development, and many are just loglines or ideas we can build out.

I co-produced a feature film (2010) that won a few festivals and had a small theatrical release before going on to its TV release. I have many years in the industry/LA and know some indie directors, distributors, DPs, producers, Emmy nominated writers and EPs, hair & makeup keys, production designers, other great crew, etc. I have good instincts, can think creatively in the moment, have ideas on how to structure funding to shoot, and am excellent at casting as I know what good acting looks and sounds like because I was conservatory trained and acted professionally in the past. In addition I have a B.A. in graphic design and have years of professional experience in NYC, DC, and LA designing posters, one-sheets, brochures, logos, etc. so we'll never have a one-sheet that looks like someone's dog made it in Microsoft Word. I am seeking someone who wants to commit to a real partnership of collaboration and focus on making product that will be captivating and commercially successful, and have a lot of fun as we go.

If this sounds like the partnership you are looking for and you are a talented Director of Photography with your own equipment who can edit and produce, please send me an email with a little bit about yourself as well and a link to some of your work. Thanks for reading and for your consideration. I'm looking forward to getting projects DONE! :)

EMAIL ME AT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESS:

partner2produce@gmail.com

Richard,

Why? Do the years of work that I've put into my scripts, the acting talent that I have gotten interested in my projects, the meetings that I have worked and am working to get, my casting experience, my past producing experience, the distributors I can call, etc., my degree in graphic design and 15 years professional experience not seem to you like I am willing to pull my weight? I'm not trying to take anything from anyone.... I'm looking to share everything I have with my partner so we can be successful together. I bring a lot to the table as well. And I wish EVERYONE happiness and success. I don't believe in being negative.

Thanks Phil. I'm sorry that an ocean and 3000 miles of land separate us. :) I really do want a great partner. I've done a lot of legwork and believe we could have great success together in a 50/50 collaboration. P.S. I like your robot photo.

I'd do it, but I'm probably about 5,000 miles too far east.

Uh Phil, I'm confused, in the past you have been the number 1 critic of "job" ads like this.

R,

Richard,

Why? Do the years of work that I've put into my scripts, the acting talent that I have gotten interested in my projects, the meetings that I have worked and am working to get, my casting experience, my past producing experience, the distributors I can call, etc., my degree in graphic design and 15 years professional experience not seem to you like I am willing to pull my weight? I'm not trying to take anything from anyone.... I'm looking to share everything I have with my partner so we can be successful together. I bring a lot to the table as well. And I wish EVERYONE happiness and success. I don't believe in being negative.

You're putting words into my mouth, I never said any of those things.

R,

Richard,

AGAIN, this is not a "job ad" as you describe it. That is 100% WRONG. It is a 50/50 partnership I am seeking. I fully respect what a DP would bring to the table and I would hope they would respect what I bring to the table as well, and I seek to produce projects together with them EQUALLY. So far 86 people have read it and no one has viewed it with negativity except you. Please enjoy your Sunday.

• Premium Member

Hey, it's the best offer (or at least the least-equally-bad offer) I've had this... er... century. There's more actual film production industry extant in this thread than there is in the entire UK, huge blockbusters aside!

P

• Upvote 1

It's actually an interesting proposal and sounds like it would at least be worth taking coffee to discuss. I am kind of the opposite though I'm a Director / Cinematographer looking for a writing partner and producer. Ive found making my Short Film that the producing part of it is not my cup of tea, I'm making it work for now but would love to have a producer to work with on this and future projects. Also totally willing to give up the mantle of DP/Cinematographer for a person with the right skill set who's not more interested in their demo than the films needs :P

Good luck on your hunt, Richard was actually being kind and trying to prepare you for the sometimes negative responses these sorts of posts can attract.