Welcome to the Lowepost Colorist Community

Stig Olsen

We’re thrilled to announce our brand new colorist site! - www.lowepost.com

Our goal with this website is to provide our visitors insight into the high-end world of color grading. All of the content is created in close relationship with senior colorists, color timers and scientists from studios like FotoKem,Technicolor, Company 3, Goldcrest, Molinare and The Mill, to name just a few, as well as top freelancers, software developers and other industry professionals.

The Lowepost website contains case studies, color theory, an event calendar, a chat room, digital assets and a discussion forum for colorists. We have also teamed up with Cinegrain to bring you The Lowepost Collection with discount on real film scan grain and color presets. We are constantly working hard to make sure the site contains valuable content.

Every week for the next eight weeks, we are going to make one new article available to our readers. The premium content will be available instantly for those who support us and join our subscription program. We will update the site with new content every once in a while.

We hope that you’ll enjoy the new website and that you’ll find it interesting and pleasant to use. For any questions, suggestions, feedback or comments, please don’t hesitate to e-mail us at cm@lowepost.com

Thank You!
The Lowepost staff

• Upvote 1

Hi Jay,
Thank you for the feedback!
We got 200 registrated members since yesterday, and I think that $4/mo for an unique insight into the high-end world of color grading is pretty fair. Each one of them provide unique insight into the colorists work and mindset, and different approaches and technical challenges are discussed. A few of them got before and after images, screen recordings from the color session and downloadble content. The colorists and the team have worked with this project in two years now and put a lot of time and effort into it.
In addition, the fee covers access to a private chat room, discounts on grain and 72 color presets from CineGrain and other features.
Hope to see you as a Lowepost member Jay!
Best,
Stig

• Premium Member

How about access to the colorists? Like a freelance/job board where we can hire these guys on their downtime to color some film? I have plenty of existing scans that I'd love to get to a good colorist for say $150-$200/hour if I provide the film scan...

• Upvote 1

Hi Will,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!
I have created a "work" category in the forum, and I do appreciate if you would post your job there. These guys love film scans so I guarantee this will be taken care of.

Best,
Stig