Interrogation Scene: Starsky & Hutch

Hey everyone,

I am need of some pointers for an upcoming project. An interrogation scene that is inspired by remake of “Starsky & Hutch”.

I have read several threads on the typical set up, 1-2 kino 4-banks in the ceiling. And I was thinking 1 1k each for the profile shots, with diffusion.

All shots with close up on the table I was thinking a small foamcore to get a slight bounce.

As for gels, since I am going for a warmer look I was thinking tungsten bulbs with 1/4 CTO on everything. I was also considering a kino 2-bank for the back wall with 1/2 CTO.

*EDIT*
I have also considered shooting two 2ks aimed at the back wall through a 12x12 instead of the Kino (since side walls seems very sparsely lit
*EDIT*

Shooting this on 7213, and the lenses we got max out at T2.

The scene for reference:

I am listening for any pointers, this will be on a stage so I have a lot of possibility to move things around.

//C Edited by Carl Nenzen Loven

Looks like a traditional soft overhead light with a bit of bounce fill for the eyes. I would skirt the light with some duvatyne or other fabric to drop the light on the walls some and get a bit of depth to the space. I personally would prefer a paper lantern "China ball" rig to a kino for this, but a kino should do just fine.

• Upvote 1

Looks like a traditional soft overhead light with a bit of bounce fill for the eyes. I would skirt the light with some duvatyne or other fabric to drop the light on the walls some and get a bit of depth to the space. I personally would prefer a paper lantern "China ball" rig to a kino for this, but a kino should do just fine.

Thanks. This forum is a gold mine for people that feels a bit unsure on their choices :)

//C