Using adhesive velcro to attach camera AKS

• Premium Member

What AKS would you want to hang off the camera that 1) could be light enough so the velcro works and 2) can't go on your belt or around your neck?

I've never seen anyone put AKS on a camera before. I have absolutely velcro'd cables and camera specific accessories like a speed controller.

Velcro glue can be removed with a heat gun very easily without damaging the camera body.

ah the never-ending attach velcro/remove velcro process

no special type, just about any 2-inch velcro will do - you can cut it to custom size

a lot of people will use a lighter to heat the velcro so that it does not un-stick in the cold (ontario) and damp (vancouver) conditions.

yes it's a pain to remove after, and yes we generally remove it upon return to the rental house ...and yes, the next AC will spend time re-applying the velcro

use goo-gone or heat gun to remove any excess velcro glue

as a rule of thumb, don't apply to things that get really hot like teradek transmitter - it basically acts as a lighter trick above, and makes the glue much harder to remove after a while. rental houses may also have their barcode stickers on gear, try to avoid velcroing over those as you can tear the stickers off when you remove the velcro later (not that it stops anyone really)

Using another piece of velcro or cloth tape to pull up the leftover adhesive works well too when removing the velcro- it will remove the bulk of the gooey stuff and make cleanup easier (fewer chemicals). This technique also works well for getting the velcro goo off of scissors.

I use a hair dryer to head up velcro before applying. Also, it helps to round sharp corners so they don't snag and start to pull off.