Need to know about this Anamorphic Lens

Hi i have recently found this piece of lens from a film guy, i searched a lot but found nothing about that. i am attaching pictures so maybe you have some knowledge about that. Its name is ( Prima Anamorphic 16-P ) according to my understanding.

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

i have tested the lens by just placing infront of my manual 55mm prime lens and its produces nice golden flares.

IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9515.jpg

let me know about this lens, if anyone have some info.

Thanks

• Premium Member

Looks like a Sankor or Proskar clone. The important things are the size of the rear element - which needs to be larger than the taking lens you use - and the length, which determines how wide your taking lens can be before it vignettes.

Martin Baumgarten wrote a nice summary of some of the more popular anamorphic adapters/projection lenses here, with some dimensions listed:

http://www.geocities.ws/meta8mm/anamorphic.html

Thanks for your reply, actually i am not into film making or anamorphic shooting, i am only a ebay seller, and buying all the stuff for sale. As i was not able to found any info about this lens, so it will be listed in RARE Categories :), i ahve already listed Kowa Prominar 8-Z Anamorphic lens too. it was great.

post-67376-0-88627400-1476197460_thumb.jpg

post-67376-0-26314500-1476197486_thumb.jpg

You describe yourself as a cinematographer, perhaps you'd like to change that.

As you are buying lenses to resell I am sure there are a number of people here who will provide you with consultancy services for a fee. This is a site for film-makers.

• Premium Member

What you're looking at is not a collimating lens, but an anamorphic front element for projection. This lens can not focus image on its own. It has no huge value for cinematography as it needs to be experimentally paired with a focusing lens. And because it's small and has narrow diameter, the field of view will be limiting and it will probably only accept pairing with a telephoto lens. And then the two units need to be focused in unison, which will be almost impossible to do in a shooting environment.

Ebay is full of front elements you can buy. Schneider made some of the best.

Thanks for your reply, actually i am filming but without anamorphic attachments, as its really hard to focus both at a time. Thats why i just asked that i got this lens from someone who even don't know what it is. and i have also tried to find something similar on google but was not able to find that. I sold many anamorphic lenses including (Schneider, isco, sankor, sun, kowa, Super 80 Magnum) etc etc, all lenses have some info on the internet except this Prima 16-D ..