Hi,

I stopped shooting 4-5 years ago due to a sports injury which lead me to working in another field but now I want to start shooting again and I'm feeling a bit behind in the tech, workflow and rusty in my skills.

I'm lucky enough to be visiting LA early next year & I'm looking at the ASC Masterclass.

I'm concerned it's not really hands on? Is it? Isn't it?

I see they're using the Alexa and going through the most current workflows etc but is it mostly learning through demonstration or are we able to get our hands on the tech, lights & set up some shots?

Anyone who's done it got any reviews? What did u get out of it?

Can anyone recommend an int-adv Cinematography workshop that's very hands on in or around LA? I don't often get over to the US so I'd really like to grab the opportunity.

Thanks.

• Premium Member

Hi Jacqueline. I took the ASC Masterclass back 2015 and really got a lot out of it. That said, it's not really a hands-on class. Students get involved in some lighting demonstrations but my one complaint was that we didn't really get any camera-time with the Alexa (a camera I've never used.) Other than that, I loved it.

As Gregg mentioned, I put up that extensive post about it. Feel free to ask any other questions.