CINETAPE | Want an Affordable Option?

• Premium Member

It's a step where the two halves of a case come together, intended to make any misalignment less obvious. It's usually a trick of injection moulded cases like this:

18j1wissumujmjpg.jpg

A 3D printed case, if you print both halves of it in the same orientation, are probably going to be better aligned than most injection molds, but you might consider doing it for the sake of convention.

P

Oh I get ya.

Trying to neaten it up by having a single final extruded wall layer on one of the sides that will compress a bit when the case is screwed together.

It is not as bad with the latest revision of the case. But still noticeable.

Oh I get ya.

Trying to neaten it up by having a single final extruded wall layer on one of the sides that will compress a bit when the case is screwed together.

It is not as bad with the latest revision of the case. But still noticeable.

Jack!

Holy Crap man, very cool. I started this topic and kind of left it but you sure have been busy! I work for a huge Lawfirm and they do a ton of startups and TechCrunch and so on. There is a ton to talk about, let's get in touch, please email me and we can discuss a few things on design pricing. I had a prototype built as well just not as far as yours but it was functional. Even switched from Ft to Meters. Go to my site and click on the contact button.

www.davi-silveira.com

Awesome work!

Davi

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I don't usually rent cinetapes, but I also don't usually put myself in situations where the AC can't see the lens -

However, I have 10 pounds somewhere and would very much like to test this out.

When you get to the "I'm going to make several prototypes" phase, let me know.

these look very interesting. How do I get on the list of people trying it out? / How much?

Looks amazing! :D

I don't usually rent cinetapes, but I also don't usually put myself in situations where the AC can't see the lens -

However, I have 10 pounds somewhere and would very much like to test this out.

When you get to the "I'm going to make several prototypes" phase, let me know.

We are actually really close now.

Just finishing off the final prototype to show off hopefully this weekend.

Will be taking it on set with me tomorrow and trying to get someone to take photos of it in use.

More info and the latest previews here: https://www.facebook.com/ogarastudios/

Edited by Jack OGara

Really think this deserves to have an aluminium housing. Very excited to place an order on one when they are available to the public

We were planning on doing aluminium case but it would bring the cost up and would mean we would need an external antenna on the case.

Now we are working on milling a plastic case that is just as good.

• 4 weeks later...

Sign me up man, I'm willing to give anything affordable a shot. I'll hit that indiegogo thing next pay day. 200 GBP works out to be 320 Aus dollars which is a small enough amount to have a punt on it.

Questions tho: If it stops working, is there anything in the way of returns or service?

Sign me up man, I'm willing to give anything affordable a shot. I'll hit that indiegogo thing next pay day. 200 GBP works out to be 320 Aus dollars which is a small enough amount to have a punt on it.

Questions tho: If it stops working, is there anything in the way of returns or service?

Awesome thank you!

We are still working on the terms writing, but it will come with 6-12 month warranty for sure.

It will be return and replace/fix.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

We are at the last 24 hours of the IndieGoGo campaign and have surpassed our funding goal.

There is now 3 products in total.

The original CineRangeFinder, CineRangeFinder Pro and Remote.

The CineRangeFinder pro is the same thing as the standard, but has a separate sensor and control unit like the CineTape.

The Remote is a wireless control and display that allows you to change settings and view the readout without having to be next to the camera.

Remote.png

We have been hard at work for the past few months designing and developing the hardware.

The circuit boards are nearly 100% and the software is in its last phase of development.

IMG_20170420_230751043.jpg

And we are just finishing the remote design and have started manufacturing it out of aluminium.

IMG_20170427_195639280_HDR.jpg

If you would like to get your own CineRangeFinder, then check out of crowdfund over here,

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cinerangefinder-cinematography-ac-accessory-film/reft/16149116#/cinematography2

There is only 24 hours left so be quick!

Thanks everyone.

Jack,

Jack, I'm very interested in buying one but I don't think I'll have the funds by the time the crowd fund ends. What are your plans to sell them down the track? Will the public be able to buy one?

Hi Brenton.

We will be selling them after the crowdfund period for sure. Though they will be about £50 more than what is currently listed.

Can order via IndieGoGo or direct from us.

• 2 months later...

Jack,

I have to give it up to you man! Incredible work! I have finally caught up a little on my project that started this whole post! Here is our facebook page guys, we are in Seattle and will be launching this pretty soon! Please comment, like, share!

https://www.facebook.com/Sonderlux/

35791060460_d06b850d36.jpg[/rl]

FocusMark by sonderlux by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

35791060250_b4e9c47fcb_b.jpgSonar by sonderlux by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

Edited by Davi Silveira

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Just got a website up, it's still a work in progress as far as look goes but it's coming along. Our Kickstarter will be up soon, we are based out of Seattle so if you're close by come on over. We would love to meet you and show you our product. www.sonderlux.com

Edited by Davi Silveira

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...