'The Love Witch' in theaters now

• Premium Member

It's been awhile, but I saw this and had to post here. Here's the text from my post at Reduser.net:

Don't know if this has been posted here yet but if anyone is interested, 'The Love Witch' a 1960s period sex comedy shot by David Mullen, ASC is in theatrical release right now.

Here's a list of screenings: http://thelovewitch.oscilloscope.net

Not sure if this list is only for the 35mm theatrical film print run, or if it includes the DCP version. David has been posting some gorgeous frames from the film for awhile now, so now's your chance to see it on the big screen. I'll be seeing it tonite at the Opera Plaza in San Francisco. Congrats David!

• Premium Member

I'm very unhappy because it was shown either on Sitges or on a festival near my parents in Madrid some weeks ago and I couldn't go because I was working! :(

Will have to wait for the bluray version when it is available! :)

Congratulations on the release by the way! :)

Have a lovely evening all.

• 6 months later...

Just saw Love Witch last night here in Baltimore at arthouse theater The Charles. It was packed and the audience was cracking up. Saw glimmers of so many influences including the Mary Tyler Moore show and Twin Peaks. Wacky and truthful. So much fun. I even saw Trump in it. The neighbor enjoying a sensuous slice of chocolate cake in her kitsch apartment going on about his sexual fantasies totally made me think of Trump at Mar-a-lago and the chocolate cake he shared with Chinese President Xi. It was a hot night in B-town & the colors and images invaded my dreams.

Edited by Raissa Contreras
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...