Advice on how to shoot this scene

Kendrick Gray

So I am filming a SciFi short film called "Bandwidth Creek"on the 15th and I'm having one issue. There is a female playing two characters and I still can't figure out how to fool the audience with this.

For instance, she's playing the mom of the main male character in his flashback. The same woman is also playing his room mate whom he is having conflict with. Both characters are important so I can't cut either out. Since the mom in the flashback does not have any lines (just flashback visuals) I thought about just shooting behind her or with her hair over her face. We thought about a wig and sunglasses but come on lol.

Attached are some stills of the woman I exported from the rehearsal (playing roommate). Anybody have any ideas?

post-70561-0-90991100-1480578694_thumb.jpg

post-70561-0-17705200-1480579526_thumb.jpg

post-70561-0-11728800-1480579718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kendrick Gray

• Premium Member

do you have budget for good makeup artist who can alter the faces just a little bit around the cheeks, mouth and nose?

you can additionally use coloured contact lenses. and tint the eyebrows lighter/darker for the other character or otherwise alter them so that it gives an impression of differently shaped eye sockets

Good idea. I know for a fact I can't alter her facial features beyond regular make up though. She has a black wig and I suppose she can color her eyebrows. It still would look weird to me lol. Maybe its because I know who she is... I don't know much about makeup, but maybe she does.

• Premium Member

one addition would be to use different lighting style for her for the other character so that the nose profile and eye sockets look different. for example normal frontal beauty lighting for other and top/side lighting for other, combined with different eye makeup and different eyebrows and eye colour etc.