2000fps w HMI

albert camus

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I would test to see if you notice any flicker. Im curious about this now. I know when we did high speed work on sport science with the Phantom over 1000fps we would use 12K Maxi Brutes and Dinos and they were fine as long as you dont dim them.

Is there a reason he specifically wanted you to use the Arrimax?

Found this link as well not sure if it helps much

http://www.lovehighspeed.com/lighting-for-high-speed/

IMHO, I would be calling ARRI not relying on their website or asking if anyone here had "gotten away with it". Lacking a definitive answer from ARRI, any reason why you can't light it with large Tungsten sources?

Who's will ultimately take the blame for failure? You will.

IMHO, I would be calling ARRI not relying on their website or asking if anyone here had "gotten away with it". Lacking a definitive answer from ARRI, any reason why you can't light it with large Tungsten sources?

Who's will ultimately take the blame for failure? You will.

JD thats a good idea. I bet you can call them and get an answer no problem. But if you can, if it were me I would try to light with larger tungsten units to just eliminate the possibility of flicker. I understand you may not have it in the budget or you already have the Arrimax. I am curious what you find out about the Arrimax i cant find anything online about info over 1000fps

• Upvote 1