Beaulieu Mount to C-Mount Adapter

Guest Glenn Brady

1, So, basically, if I purchase a lens meant for the 2/4008/ 5008, if I remove the Beaulieu Reglomatic tubes (which isn’t very hard according to http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=56320 ), I can simply use the remaining lens on any* C-mount S8 camera like Pathe Webo / Electronic DS8 ones? That’d (being able to film on the Pathe DS8’s) be my main aim. I plan to purchase an 5008 S with a 1.2/6-80 so that I can use the lens on my Pathe DS8’s. It’s only the newer  6008, 7008, and 9008 series (and their lens) that has a different mount that’s impossible to convert to standard C-mount.

2, BTW, it’s strange the Angénieux 1:1,4 / 6-90mm mentioned above is not fit for C mount cameras without additionional mechanical support. I won’t have problems with the  Angénieux 1:1,2 / 6-90mm, though? After all, they were also meant for the Pathes (or any C-mount cameras)?

*: except for, of course, the Bolex H8 because of its different flange distance

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

would anyone be able to clarify if I can use Schneider-Kreuznach Beaulieu-Optivaron 1.8/6-66mm, with C mount, on my Leicina Special, with a C to M mount adapter & what the issues could be in contrast to the standard Leicina Schneider-Kreuznach Optivaron 1.8/6-66mm,

Andries, "Nope, the M flange is way too much forward. I.e. the C lens can't produce sharp images then. Is there a C-lens on M-mount adapter. It would only make sense for lenses without retro-projection and then in a macro set-up. "

would it be possible to have the C mount changed to an M mount as the lens itself looks identical to my M mount Optivaron 

2 hours ago, Raymond McVeigh said:

Andries, "Nope, the M flange is way too much forward. I.e. the C lens can't produce sharp images then. Is there a C-lens on M-mount adapter. It would only make sense for lenses without retro-projection and then in a macro set-up. "

would it be possible to have the C mount changed to an M mount as the lens itself looks identical to my M mount Optivaron 

The rear part is completely different. Is has a different retro-lens/setting and the tube is shorter.  Finding an original Leicina edition is the simplest way to go.

• Like 1