Jump to content

Beadboard - names and confusion

Will J. Lokken

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I'm a big fan of using bead board as a bounce material, but sometimes it can be difficult when the gaffer in a new country doesn't know what a bead board is.
Sometimes, the material I end up with is a different, harsher material, which renders light less soft.

So, I was hoping someone in here could help me clear up my confusion between the many names,

Is there anywhere I can read and get good information about the difference between the following?



-- expanded polystyrene

-- extruded polystyrene

-poly (I'm guessing it is short for polystyrene)


-foam core


Any help would be much appreciated,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Extruded Polystyrene is Depron.



Expanded Poly and beadboard are the same. White one side, usually foil covered on the other, various thicknesses. It's a type of insulating sheathing.



Sorry. crap-o-pedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foamcore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...