I forgot to set the film speed on my camera...

Steve Williams

Hey guys,

First, I want everyone to know that I've googled all of my recent post and searched this forum before asking my recent questions. I appreciate everyone's patience on here throughout the learning process, and I'm hoping to get to a point where I can provide input as opposed to just taking it.

Tonight I shot a roll of 500t in outside with just a few outdoor lights and a fire. The aperture setting was pretty easy to guess - wide open. Since it was fairly dark out, I didn't pay much attention to my meter inside. That being said, I forgot to change the asa speed. Now I'm pretty sure that I understand super8 cameras well enough to know that it being left on 200 when I had 500 in the camera shouldn't affect my film - Right? Is the film speed dial on a beaulieu 4008 just for operation of the internal meter, or did I completely misunderstand its function?

Steve

The more you shoot, the more you'll get comfortable with it. I find myself walking outside and thinking, "hmmm...this is a 50D day..." Which probably says I need to slow down on shooting film.

Every day outdoors is a 50D day for me! :) Unless it's so dark from such a severe storm that you wouldn't be standing outdoors anyhow.

In fact, shot a roll of Kodakchrome 64 35mm from the freezer yesterday for a test run with a new color processing solution. The photographer doing it may even have a Super 8 and 16mm solution for all those rolls of Kodachrome 40 in the freezer that have been waiting for that home chemist to take on the challenge. I love slow speed color films!