Teradek Cube/Wireless Follow Focus

Greetings,

Has anyone here attempted follow focus work from a Teradek Cube and an iPad? According to Teradek, there is only a one frame delay, which I think would be very doable for bigger depth of field focusing and other less critical situations. Any experience, feedback, and or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan Matuskey

I don't think it'd be wise.
I have the teradek CLIP which I use to walk around with for lighting, or art department uses. I wouldn't focus off it because its pretty spotty at full quality. It'll jump around on ya. That being said Im not sure how much better the cube is so take my experience with a grain of salt.

Cube is a lot better than Clip. The problems comes with the encoding. It is not very sharp. It softens the image quite a bit.

It is not like the Bolt where you are getting near raw signal that is crispy is what I am trying to say.

That being said, it is doable.

Hey, Thank you both for sharing!

I appreciate the insight especially since I haven't used either. If the Bolt could send an additional signal over wifi to connect to the app, I wouldn't even be posting this. I'm going to give the Cube a try. I think doable is the key word here and it looks like a a great intermediate cost effect middle point between adding wireless monitoring and buying a nice monitor...which of course I hope to obtain down the road.

Thanks again for chiming in! I'll try to remember to report back :)