Looking for ACL accessories

Carl Nenzen Loven

Hi there,

Finally I have had my ACL serviced by the best, Mr Bernie O'Doherty, and finally I can use it to shoot something serious.

But to be serious, you need to have the complete set. And right now I am look for some accessories for the camera.

First off is the top handle. I do know that Les Bosher sells one, but me and him do not seem eye to eye, so that is not an option.

Second I am looking for is a new rubber cup for my viewfinder, the one I had just broke and I need something to replace it.

if you know of any other accessories that might be necessary and you want to off-load, please reach out

//C

Heiki's handle looks really good. I made one from steel years ago. The only tricky part was getting the two locating pins accurate with my then limited machine shop expertise. I also made a cast aluminum handle with integral square rod mount and castings to mount a matte box bellows. I suppose it was just pure fun at the time. Now, 30 years on, I might do it differently...and this is just showing off, I know...

post-47078-0-11184100-1487882199_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Look what just came up on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/192122951485

Thanks Josh, I saw that as well. But when “making” a new from a good metal worker cost 200, including shipping, and Les Bosher charges 100 for a new. I find 150 for a used one a bit of a rip off (which I told the seller actually).

C

I agree. I've been looking for one of the eclair ergonomic grips for mine. I've got some sort of aftermarket ergonomic grip, but it's just not quite at the right angle to be comfortable. But he's asking $300 for one. That's nuts. I payed $800 for the whole camera!

The handle Pav shows is a bit of a distraction. It has lots of nice plated cap screws and threaded holes, but does not look like it has a goot attachment to the camera.

You need a reasonable contact surface area. Older ACLs have two small holes next to the 3/8" mounting thread in the camera for locating dowels. Later ACLs have slots so the acuracy of the locating dowels gets easier.

If you give him a drawing or useful sketch, then making a basic top handle out of steel for an ACL should take a good workshop guy a bit over a 1/2 hour. If he's a friend it might take a six pack.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

The handle Pav shows is a bit of a distraction. It has lots of nice plated cap screws and threaded holes, but does not look like it has a goot attachment to the camera.

You need a reasonable contact surface area. Older ACLs have two small holes next to the 3/8" mounting thread in the camera for locating dowels. Later ACLs have slots so the acuracy of the locating dowels gets easier.

If you give him a drawing or useful sketch, then making a basic top handle out of steel for an ACL should take a good workshop guy a bit over a 1/2 hour. If he's a friend it might take a six pack.

Well Gregg, sadly I have no expert metal workers I know close to me :)

Also, that style is what I want, for the idea I have is to make mine have a video tap, and the need a space to attach the monitor.

C

Initially I thought it wouldn't work, but the handle fits nicely, I use the ACL 2 with the small motor, 200ft magazine and c mount lenses, this makes the whole outfit very small and this handle seems to be fine with that. Though I am not sure how it will fare with larger lenses, the bigger motors and 400ft magazines.

Pav