Arriflex 16s serial numbers and dating.

Brendan Schmidt

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

My bad, serious mind fart. I was confusing the G/S model with the model that came out with the APEC door.

The G/S has the sound sync module on the back. It's a square shaped box on the back side of the camera. If you could post a pic of the back side of the camera, that would help.

Also, you can read more about the camera, in particular the G/S part, in the camera manual posted here:

http://artsites.ucsc.edu/faculty/gustafson/FILM%20200C/Arri_S.pdf

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

Sorry Brendan, screw up on my part. This is the camera with the Apec door. Not necessarily a G/S. As pictured below:

FApec.jpg

See my modified post above for more info on the G/S.

Best,

-Tim

ohh okay mine is not like that. mine has an arri 60hz pilot tone generator sticking on the side, has a spot on the bottom by the tri pod mount for a lamp, and had a clear plastic dome on the top by the hand grip. Must have misread the description on another post. and my pic didnt post for some reason

• Premium Member

You're right Brendan, I was wrong. I confused the G/S with the APEC door version. Sorry.

If your camera is as you described, it sounds like it is a G/S model. The user manual I linked to above has info about the G/S model and how it is used.

Best,

-Tim

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...