16mm Cinema Gate 1: 2.24

Arthur Sanchez

We have fallen back into the peephole state of motion pictures, prior to projection before numbers of spectators. Film is the mass medium. Seems that the mass is gone.

Good point ! With 90% quite happy now to watch movies at home or on their mobile devices, I wonder why we still try to create a 'film look' in movies. I guess it's for the 10% (or less?) cinemagoers... who rarely experience the sense of being part of a large enraptured audience.

I guess it's for the 10% (or less?) cinemagoers... who rarely experience the sense of being part of a large enraptured audience.

That's where it all began as we remember... the movie theater. that bigger than life image...

I found in my years of research into why film is how it is... and my findings were that 24 fps is just the right frame rate to deliver the suspension of disbelief or willing suspension of disbelief has been defined as a willingness to suspend one's critical faculties and believe the unbelievable; sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment. By shooting basic film you get this effect. BAM simple as that!

• Premium Member

common sense which should have led you to a machine shop where the job would have been done by professionals

whoops then I won't post a picture of my DIY m42 mount modified Cameflex Standard :lol:

In the final dressing of the gate corners and new extended edges for Super16mm, I was careful to use a thin piece of smooth file steel. In that instance it was the handle end of a very small flat file.

In the final dressing of the gate corners and new extended edges for Super16mm, I was careful to use a thin piece of smooth file steel. In that instance it was the handle end of a very small flat file.

Thanks for that tip. I'll do this next time !

Yes, I do the same except the inside corner radius of the gate matches the radius corner of my tool.... also the tool is ultra highly polished with a zero abrasion factor.

Arthur