iphone 7k 4k video vs canon 5d or 7d

sandeep sony

i like to shoot a independent film ...with iphone 7+ filmic pro app +beastgrp dof +canon lenses + moon dog anamorphic + pro series bgrip lenses

i see amazing results on youtube ...can i trust and go for shoot ?

i like to know pros and cons

when it hits big screen ...how the imag will be ....?

if u compare canon video an iphone 7+(filmic pro app) video ...

iphone gives better video than canon or not ??

why people are not using iphone 7+ as professional cam like canon and other cams

plz share info ....

Edited by sandeep sony

i like to shoot a independent film ...with iphone 7+ filmic pro app +beastgrp dof +canon lenses + moon dog anamorphic + pro series bgrip lenses
why people are not using iphone 7+ as professional cam like canon and other cams
plz share info ....

plz share info ....

I use an Iphone 6s Plus to shoot almost every wedding and event I do. It's a stabilized camera, and produces gorgeous results.

However, when working on a feature film, you have to decide what kind of set you want to be on. Do you want a really pro set with dolly track?

Or are you shooting guerrilla style in places you shouldn't?

In my opinion, the best camera is the one that gets the shot.

So it comes down to not the quality, but which camera will get your shot.

Iphone's create a world of filming possibilities for me, and I think they can do the same for you.

I hope this helps! :lol:

I use an Iphone 6s Plus to shoot almost every wedding and event I do. It's a stabilized camera, and produces gorgeous results.

However, when working on a feature film, you have to decide what kind of set you want to be on. Do you want a really pro set with dolly track?

Or are you shooting guerrilla style in places you shouldn't?

In my opinion, the best camera is the one that gets the shot.

So it comes down to not the quality, but which camera will get your shot.

Iphone's create a world of filming possibilities for me, and I think they can do the same for you.

I hope this helps! :lol:

will u seen those videos on big screen ?? ..those imgae are ok ??

The pixel readout quality of 1080p Iphone is incredible in my opinion, and projects excellent. The problem is you have more artifacting/occasional jutter problems than a traditional digital camera. I don't know how to explain it, but I can link you some videos I shot on it so you can see for yourself :)

The pixel readout quality of 1080p Iphone is incredible in my opinion, and projects excellent. The problem is you have more artifacting/occasional jutter problems than a traditional digital camera. I don't know how to explain it, but I can link you some videos I shot on it so you can see for yourself :)

thanks waiting for your fotage ...plz check your inbox carlos :)

These sensors are far too noisy for a big screen and their compression is terrible especially with panning and fast motion.

You will be disappointed. Just rent a decent camera instead. You'll spend far less time and money trying to get an iPhone to look cinematic. Those Bentley examples look terrible to me... cinematically that is. The people shooting and editing did a great job with what they had to work with.

• Upvote 1

These sensors are far too noisy for a big screen and their compression is terrible especially with panning and fast motion.

You will be disappointed. Just rent a decent camera instead. You'll spend far less time and money trying to get an iPhone to look cinematic. Those Bentley examples look terrible to me... cinematically that is. The people shooting and editing did a great job with what they had to work with.

I completely agree David, these are all setbacks with Iphone you wouldn't have with traditional cameras. However in my opinion there are still many applications for Iphones, even if they may not be first choice. Thanks for your thoughts, you make an excellent case :lol: