Expendables and misc. in Seoul

Hi all! I'm shooting a doc/narrative/experimental in Korea next week (hoping to cultivate a Notes on Blindness vibe). I've been shooting in China for a few weeks and supplies are low, so I'm looking to source some expendables. I know about Jinrentals and SLRrent, but is there somewhere else one goes for black wrap, gaff tape, and etc.?

I'm also teaching a workshop in documentary cinematography on Sunday, and would love to pass along any local wisdom you could share--e.g. where to buy reflective insulation to substitute for bounce boards, a good source for wheel chairs, black drape, and muslin, what will get you arrested if you shoot it, and so on.

Lastly, if anyone wants to grab a soju or two, I've got the first round! I'll be staying near the Nambu Terminal station.

Thanks,

Steve Milligan

Cinematographer

Production Teaching Fellow, Duke University

steve@ghostmap.com

www.ghostmap.com

• 2 weeks later...

Replying to my own post, just in case the information is useful to someone else someday:

Gaff tape:

Hanent (http://www.hanent.com/) or SLRrent (http://www.slrrent.com/SLRLINK.php) had 1" and 2" in various colors.

Bounce:

We got a 3'x6'x1" (or thereabouts, the dimensions were metric I'm sure) sheets of white styrofoam insulation from a hardware store near Bukchon. It's a common item, but only the "bigger" stores will have it. The storefront was the size of a budget hotel room, but was connected through a narrow doorway in the back to a warehouse. I got 60w and 200w tungsten lamps there as well, and they let me wire up some medium base to 220v plug circuits using their tools.

Duvetyne:

We found a credible substitute at a random market stall. Might not be fire retardant, but it's black, matte on one side, completely opaque, and about $4/meter x 120cm.

Black wrap:

Couldn't find this anywhere, glad I brought some scraps with me.

I was reliably informed that one could borrow a wheelchair from a department store, but only without their knowledge. For our shoot we got a small low-ride dolly with lightweight 4' track segments from SLRrent.