Hudson Spider

Yeah but they keep showing it naked in their advertising.

If its got a front diffusion screen isnt it just a standard softbox and it loses any cachet from looking cool?

I wish someone would just do a real world comparison of every light on the market against workhorse gear so we know.

I just wanna know how bright it is. 400w sounds good, but through magic cloth aint that **(obscenity removed)** all?

Looks like just off $7K, according to the site that JD posted.. I guess the selling point is that it can be stowed into a very small box.. which would appeal to a doc/corp market I would think.. I would love this light.. but at that price its twice the Kino Celeb .. Im sure its very well made and everything else.. but I wonder the market they are aiming for.. its expensive for the owner op cameraman.. that would really suit the light..

Certain DP's get very enamored with a specific fixtures quality of light. it might be similar to a normal soft push of light, but it will have some unique traits that seem to mirror the parabolic reflector style lights.

It's also 400W of LED (that is 3-4 Astras of power if they are similar LED's)

and

its 8LBs (A Celeb is like 20lbs and needs a junior mount)

Yes true.. but no one is enamored as yet as its a new light.. Im sure its a very nice light, and well made.. I just wondered that the selling point of it being very small and compact would seem to point towards an owner op, lugging their own gear around.. than big studio type shoots, where that isnt usually an issue.. its just alot for an "non" big brand, un tested light.. Kino /Arri have dealers and back up around the world..

As I said I,d love to have the thing.. but $7K is alot for one light .... obviously just my personal opinion .. Im sure its a great light and maybe they will sell thousands of them.. and I,ll buy one when they get on B&H .. :)

• Premium Member

I was under the impression that it was lite-gear innards, so kinda a name brand. And I can see this being on trucks, stowed somewhere hidden where you can't find it and are worried about it getting crushed for times where you want a soft, controllable (dimmable non color shifting) larger source while using minimum stands.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I see there is a little confusion here, despite it being an old post.

For a clear overview of Hudson Spider at work please check our IG: Hudson.spider

If you have any specific questions, please email us at info@hudsonspider.com.

Sarah