Beaulieu 5008/6008/7008 Remote

William von Tagen

Hey all. I just boned myself on an eBay auction (I got a phone call and forgot to watch the time)... And missed the bid. Maybe some here got it.. ;) But it was a remote for a 5008/6008.

Now I am in dire need of this remote by September 12 for a shoot. Does any one know if the remote for the Canon 814/1014 will work on the 6008? Because I have found one of those I can purchase right away.

Thanks!

If the other remote control you have for the CANON is a simple electrical release switch 3.5mm mini plug, then yes it will work. The BEAULIEU 6008 must have it's Run Control locked and the switch will then allow the camera to operate once activated to the On setting. You can also use an old cheap microphone, just break off the microphone tip, and use the smaller remote tip that remains (such as a tape recorder mic or the cheap mics that came with many Super 8mm Sound Cameras). This is a good time to bring up how important it is to have the owner's manual for whatever camera you use. Even one tip will make having the manual worthwhile. Good luck best of success on your project!