Arri SR16 D-MON Cine Asst mod

Jamie McRae

Hey Fellas,

I stumbled on this Arri SR16 at work which I was gonna try and get running, with no luck. I had noticed that the camera is modded for S16 and has this assist box on the side. Checking the circuit board I noticed that I believe this is an entirely different circuit board as well. I've attached a couple photos of the D-MON and board.

Anyone have any info about this modification? Was going to try my hands and getting this up and running.

https://imgur.com/a/UD75Y

• 1 month later...

Hey Jamie, did you get any help on this? I'm curious as I'm going through the exact same issue. The SR I'm trying to get running again is the exact same as yours, with the D-Mon display. They were modified by CineAsst in Toronto, a now defunct company.

The board is very different than any of the arri boards. I've noticed that when I replace the 10 amp fuse on the board ( the bottom fuse receptacle) and try to run power to the camera, it shorts the fuse. (The 1.5 amp on top doesn't short however) I'm unsure how to resolve the issue, or figure out where the problem is on the board, but it seems like we're both dealing with the same problem on the same camera.

I was able to track down a guy who used to work with the company on the sales side, who said he would try and get in touch with some of the folks who used to do these modifications. I'll let you know if he finds anything out that could help.

If you figure anything out, please let me know, I've been tinkering away for quite a while now whithout a solution.

Hey Jamie, did you get any help on this? I'm curious as I'm going through the exact same issue. The SR I'm trying to get running again is the exact same as yours, with the D-Mon display. They were modified by CineAsst in Toronto, a now defunct company.

The board is very different than any of the arri boards. I've noticed that when I replace the 10 amp fuse on the board ( the bottom fuse receptacle) and try to run power to the camera, it shorts the fuse. (The 1.5 amp on top doesn't short however) I'm unsure how to resolve the issue, or figure out where the problem is on the board, but it seems like we're both dealing with the same problem on the same camera.

I was able to track down a guy who used to work with the company on the sales side, who said he would try and get in touch with some of the folks who used to do these modifications. I'll let you know if he finds anything out that could help.

If you figure anything out, please let me know, I've been tinkering away for quite a while now whithout a solution.

Hi Ian,

Sadly no developments on my end, I've put the tinkering of it on the back burner for now as I wasn't able to find anything on the mod.