Help! Advice needed with Arriflex 2C 16V battery

Samuel Berger

• Premium Member

I have an Arri 2C on flat base. The motor is the usual pistol grip Arri 2C one, mounted upside down on the base. It has a fairly ancient and tarnished looking PV electrical connection at the base of the motor. The leads are ancient and not in the best of shape. When I get the lens mount changed to PL I'm thinking of also getting the electrical connections changed to some other more convenient system, maybe XLR - whatever's best. Can anyone advise what it typically might cost to get the motor battery plug/connection modified? Also, typically, now much does a camera that probably hasn't been used for three decades usually need spent on it in terms of greasing and maintenance to bring it up to ready-to-film level, assuming all parts are fine and working? The camera seems in good condition. It has all the bits necessary and just needs lenses (to be hired), film mags and battery connection. I'm not very mechanically minded myself and would prefer an expert to work on it.

Roughly 6 grand for a cystal-sync motor upgrade and carrying case, and possibly replace the lens mount to a standard PL depending on what you have. I got mine back in 89, and it wasn't cheap. But, it's a durable little beast ... I guess you need to be if you're second unit hardware.